Dulce de membrillo
- core and dice quinces
- cover in water just high enough to be submerged and bring to boil
- simmer until soft
- drain and blend with a stick mixer
- pass through a pasapure or a fine sieve to remove pieces of skin, leftover cores etc.
- add 1x as much sugar and mix well
- keep on low heat, stirring occasionally, for about 3 hours. It becomes thicker and eventually changes color to red.
I made an orange colored variant with almonds after about 2 hours of cooking.
The final dulce was not as red as I had hoped, but it’s still distinctly redder and has the right taste too.